Youth Minster -- Genesis UMC
Paid part time position for Youth Minister (20 hours / week)
Primary purpose of the Youth Minister is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; and to train them in serving Christ with their life.
The Youth Minister will be responsible for designing and presenting content for weekly Sunday youth group meetings for adolescents in grades 7-12. Youth Group format includes games, worship, message, small group activities and technical formatting of material being presented.
The Youth Minister will:
· Work closely with adult volunteer leadership team,
· Recruit additional volunteers as needed,
· Planning and facilitating once a month external activities (fall retreat etc)
· Desire to perform outreach as a part of growth strategies is preferable
· Participate in weekly staff meetings and with other staff members
Candidate will possess a deep faith in Christ, strong communication and relational skills, good organizational skills and strong technical and social media skills. Preferred candidates will have a commitment to the Genesis vision of a progressive theology inclusive of all people, enjoy working with teens, and desire to grow in faith along with the families we are serving.
Candidate must be willing to submit to , and pass a criminal background check
Application Deadline March 14, 2015
Reply to Susan Gray, firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.
Grand Rapids, MI 49546