The Worship Coordinator, a newly created full-time position at Fourth Church is a key member of the staff, responsible for coordinating, in conjunction with the Pastor, the worship life of the congregation.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join staff at the Fourth Presbyterian Church – which, with 5,400 members, is one of the largest churches in the Presbyterian denomination.
The Coordinator of Worship plays a key role in the leadership of the worship activities of Fourth Church. He/she is supervised by the Pastor,and will work closely with the Organist and Director of Music, and will be part of the staff of the Office of the Pastor. The position is also accountable to the Music, Worship and Arts Committee of the Session.
Schedule: The coordinator will need to be present on Sunday mornings, as part of their work week, and some evenings, as needed; weekdays otherwise.
· Support, with leadership from the Pastor, the Worship, Music and the Arts Committee in oversight of the worship life of Fourth Church.
· With input from the Pastor, coordinate the Worship leadership assignments for all four services on Sunday morning, including coordination of the Beadle, Lay Liturgist and Minute for Mission.
· Serve as the staff liaison to the Ushers, the Chancel Guild, and the Communion Coordinators and servers
· Oversee planning and logistics for the monthly Taize Service
· Supervise the Fine Arts Coordinator, including details and logistics for art installations
· Maintain schedule in ACS for all events that use facilities – including scheduling for all worship (weekly and special services; morning prayer) Academy, Fine Arts, and Michigan Avenue Forums
· Handles details for special and seasonal worship opportunities
· Coordinate clergy leadership of Sunday morning baptismal gatherings
· Act as staff liaison to ushers (for details, not pastoral concerns)
· Oversee assignment of holiday ushering for holidays and special events
· Maintain usher lists with Head Usher, and Database Manager
· Schedule Ushers for special worship events
· Maintain records related to worship attendance, weekly hymn list, etc.
· Maintain records of preachers for special services on an annual basis (Lent, Advent, etc.)
· Maintains scripts and diagrams describing leadership of special services
· Organize holiday special arrangements.
· Other duties, as assigned.
· Bachelors degree, required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
o Ability to work well with all levels, colleagues and other staff members.
· Exemplary problem solving skills; ability to proactively consider and address needs and respond to requests promptly.
· Ability to demonstrate organizational savvy, understanding key issues and challenges.
· Strong professionalism in demeanor, communication style and appearance.
· Ability to handle high-stress situations with calm competence.
· Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
· Strong work ethic and ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
· Strong organizational skills and the ability prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Desire and aptitude for working within a faith-based and multi-cultural environment.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $32,500 - $34,000 per year and includes our robust benefits package:
· Medical (church pays 85% of employee monthly premium (75% of eligible dependents), zero ($0) deductible, $10 office co-pay)
· Optional dental and visions plans
· Generous PTO plus ten holidays
· 403b (employer contributions after one year of employment)
· FSA for unreimbursed
· Mass transit and commuter parking benefits
· Optional life insurance and long term disability plans
To apply: Submit your resume to email@example.com no later than February 16, 2015. No phone calls, please.