Purpose: The Operations Director will manage all aspects of IWJ’s internal operations and systems, including office administration, finance, human resources, and office administration. The Operations Director is an integral part of the senior management team to support IWJ’s mission, values and organizational growth.
Accountability: The position is directly accountable to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities: The person is responsible for the following work areas:
· Serve as primary staff liasion with IT consultant.
· Oversee and maintain all IT operations for the organization, including the consultant but also keeping systems functioning and upgrading when necessary.
· Manage all administrative office needs including keeping office machines functioning (fax, printers, copiers, computers, phones)
· Oversee management of the accounting operations of the organization.
· Provide on-going financial monitoring and updating of cash flows and year end budgetary projections.
· Oversee annual audit.
· Coordinate annual budget process, and compile and monitor the organizational budget.
· Serve as staff liasion and support to the board Finance & Fundraising Committee, and ensure the overall board has quarterly, accurate financial reports and has long-term financial plans for the organization.
· Assist with fundraising budgets, regranting procedures, and external financial reports.
· Oversee grant fundraising and administration of the organization.
· Review and edit all grants, grant reports, and financial documents. Ensure all are high quality representations of IWJ’s work.
· Ensure all grant deadlines are reached and that new funding sources are being cultivated.
· Assist in cultivation/maintenance of foundation funders to help raise the organization’s budget.
· Provide new employee general orientation, and oversee department-specific training.
· Responsible for recruiting and hiring process for all new employees.
· Manage employee and executive director performance management system.
· Support HR manager on benefits administration and employment policies as needed.
· Supervise bookkeeper/HR manager, database manager, and grants manager.
· Oversee federal work study students – including recruitment, applications and students.
· Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing nonprofit operations.
· Leads the development of internal operational goals to ensure annual objectives are achieved and strategic plan is implemented. Also leads organizational evaluation processes of goals.
· Convenes schedules for staff meetings, department director meetings, staff retreats and other visioning/evaluation meetings for the organization.
· Fosters a strong sense of partnership and thoughtful integration between all departments.
In addition to these specific job responsibilities, the Finance and Operations Director will:
· Assist with fundraising as needed;
· Participate in regular staff meetings, department director meetings, and events;
· Staff and attend board meetings and represent the organization at meetings;
· Perform other tasks as requested.
Evaluation: The work will be evaluated based upon this job description’s responsibilities, the specific goals and objectives established, and the person’s cooperativeness and values-based contributions in meeting the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
· A bachelor’s degree in business or non-profit management preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant leadership experience in operations work.
· Experience hiring, training, managing and mentoring staff. Trustworthy and discreet in handling confidential or sensitive information and matters.
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks and SalsaLabs or equivalent database. Able to troubleshoot technical and computer issues.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce high-quality work.
· Strong writing, personal communication, and editing skills.
· Commitment to IWJ’s mission and values.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and names with email and phone numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Operations Director” in the subject line. No calls please.
Interfaith Worker Justice is dedicated to ensuring workers’ rights and offers full and comprehensive benefits to its employees including: medical, dental and disability, 401K retirement plan with organizational contribution, pre-tax transportation plan, and paid vacation. Interfaith Worker Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.