Director of Youth Ministries
University United Methodist Church (UMC), located on the edge of the University of North Carolina campus in downtown Chapel Hill, is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. University UMC, (http://www.chapelhilluumc.org/) with an average weekly attendance of 600, considers the youth a priority and seeks a Director to mentor students to grow in Christ-likeness and fulfill the mission of the church, which is to transform lives for loving God, serving people, and building Christian community.
The Director’s main responsibilities are:
· Relate to the youth of University UMC, both at church and at other public functions important in their lives.
· Lead, recruit and train adult volunteers and youth leadership to help guide the youth ministry.
· Plan and organize youth events and activities that are spiritually meaningful and relevant to youth’s lives working with the Director of Children’s Ministry and pastoral team on intergenerational discipleship efforts as appropriate.
· Effectively communicate information to youth and parents through a variety of communication media and methods.
· Provide support to the Youth Council as they implement recommendations outlined in a recent Youth Ministry assessment.
· A minimum of three years of experience in leading a youth ministry program; experience working on a large-church staff preferred
· A Bachelor’s degree with a preference toward a field related to youth ministry
· A passion for serving youth and their families
· Knowledge of sustainable youth ministry systems
· Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of the ministry programs and events
· Membership in or previous work experience in the United Methodist Church preferred
For more detailed information and to submit a resume, please contact Kristina Zirschky at KristinaZ@ymarchitects.com