Director of Ministries with Youth and Children
St. John’s United Methodist Church (www.stjohnsbr.org) located in the southeast corner of Baton Rouge, Louisiana is searching for a full-time Director of Ministries with Youth and Children. St. John’s is a vibrant, growing congregation that lives its mission in a three-fold manner: Glorifying God. Feeding People. Making Disciples. The Director of Ministries with Youth and Children will oversee a thriving ministry with youth and children that invites all participants to live faithfully and joyfully into lives of Christian discipleship.
The main responsibilities are:
· Maintain day-to-day management of the Christian formation of youth and children, in alignment with St. John’s mission and values
· Develop relationships with children, youth and their families to nurture their relationship with Christ
· Recruit, manage, encourage, and resource volunteers
· Provide oversight to the programmatic aspects of ministries with children and youth, encouraging the leadership of the congregation in the execution of programs and ministries
· Encourage an atmosphere of invitation, hospitality, and welcome to all
· Education and/or experience with one or more of the following age groups: preschoolers, elementary age children, middle schoolers, and high schoolers.
· Experience in volunteer recruitment/management and missional engagement
· A passion for serving youth, children, and their families
· Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey
· Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events
· Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
For more detailed information and to submit a resume, please contact:
Reverend Sarah Williams Shoup at email@example.com