Christian Education Director
CENTRAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
POSITION: Director of Christian Education
LOCATION: Des Moines, IA
CHURCH SIZE: 500+
We strive to be a Christian congregation dedicated to a strong tradition of worship, committed to spiritual inquiry and growth, caring for one another and bearing witness to God’s love in the world.
Central Presbyterian Church, centrally located in Iowa’s thriving capital city, is searching for a qualified Christian Education Director to serve as soon as possible while the congregation awaits the arrival of a new called Pastor. CPC is looking for a candidate with strong Christian Education credentials and someone who understands the power of passion, faith and fun. The candidate selected will oversee all C.E. programming for this church of 567 members. During the past 12 months, this 167-year-old- church has gone through a historic transformation as facilities have been remodeled and updated. Young and old, the membership is engaged in planning and excited to welcome new staff. Applicants who would like to a part of this church culture should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Have a comprehensive knowledge of the Christian faith
· Possess experience at organizing and leading a religious education program
· Have general working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, or the equivalent software, social media and desktop computer hardware
· Work with Session and their committees on the following duties including but not limited to: Christian Education Committee, Worship Committee, Membership & Evangelism Committee
In addition, this position requires:
· A background check
· A minimum age of 21
· Applicants are requested to have two church related and two community related references
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan, conduct, coordinate, evaluate, select & provide resources for the church’s ministry to both youth and adults
· Build relationships of integrity with youth that become the basis of meeting needs, sharing Christ, and involving youth in peer ministry with other youth
· Coordinate all aspects of the middle and high school age Christian Ed Experience, and that youth are encouraged to participate in various outreach efforts, ministry opportunities, both in and outside the local church
· Coordinate all aspects of ensuring there is opportunity to develop fellowship, spiritual formation, discipleship, and the experiencing of Christian community. Various material and age appropriate styles of presentation are encouraged.
· Create and coordinate roles and responsibilities of developing a youth leader team
· Attend regularly and specially called staff meetings
· Other duties as directed by the Senior Pastor